Sunday, December 17, 2017

AUSTIN TEXAS RUMBLIN'



So I have come back from a great tour through Texas.
Thanks to all who came out ,
 Had my friends The Rubilators back me up as my band .. They are a solid band in their own right too & can't thank them enough for learning my songs -- Also - the final night on stage one guy tried to hassle me and the boys on stage  giving the band the finger - he was a bit upset everyone was digging it.Guitar player and buddy John flipped the bird back , he tried to climb on stage and John knocked the hat the guys head thought we were gonna have an old fashioned Punk moment with a little rumblin' ...but we finished my song instead -A LIFETIME OF BAR BAND DUES - which was appropriate . The guy apologized afterwords to us all  very sincerely so all wound up good ...just another night of Rock N Roll !- see ya again Texas soon! 


Came home on Saturday the 16th and played the Sawdust Art Festival in Laguna Beach  CA. today Sunday .
  I have a thing I do every Friday on Facebook called "FOLK SONG FRIDAY" , where I play original songs & old Folk songs ..mix it up . 

This week I did a version of INXS 'Dont Change' in the folk style in tribute to the late 
 Michael Hutchence--  hear it here!!


I believe Hutchence wrote the words .This shows a great song is always a great song. I stripped it down & did it  in my own Folk Style-Michael Hutchence should be remembered for not only being a good singer but a good person & band mate  from what I have heard- though its a pop rock song - there is some simple cool poetry between the lines. A song I always liked.

Don't forget to join my mailing list for free goodies at my official web site 




Thank you all -!-
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers