Friday, September 24, 2010

BAND REHEARSAL BOOGIE& Raccoons Gettin' DOWN!!


Rented Rehearsal Hall,
Lousy PA
Solid State Amp rental
Other bands sounds coming through amp speaker,

Dirty carpets & A Soda machine that don't work..

Throwing together a song list,

Girlfriend calls and says Raccoons are having relations in her driveway

I am Reading my own rights
Lord Byron is floating overhead on a Mountain top of rubble
Darkness is Beautiful with light when Byron Rights it-
Then Writes it.

The Set list we journey down through
Rummage through old time tunes for Licks& Kicks
Hippie Culture tells me The Weather Underground are all upper middle class rich folk
So was Abbie Hoffman... Pete knocked him off the stage in 69 ,
I think that sums it all up.

Back from daydream- Into next song Rustlin' & a singin' into my own microphone
The Others are dented and filled with Gob slobber
Gobbing a way for Punk bands of yesteryear to show their diggin' your band,
I step aside like Fred Astaire and avoid that belief

like a swirlin' top whizzer' from Rock em sock em' sock it to me robots
of past glory

Next number Ray Price tune
Guitars & steel heaven
Blues for the aged flowers cultivated by time
Television reality of phoniness can only mean more lack of privacy

Don't matter
Worlds already solid , the people are already almost blue
And there ain't nuttin' any leader or revolutionary can do
cept' how to
Travel through windows and learn how to walk through roofs
Hooves stampede

Top 100 Beatles songs
Rolling Stone magazine list
Does that magazine even matter anymore?
The covers and pages are filled with Reality stars
One sided Politics

I'm a Bum traveler so I slip away cause
I don't care
Red States- Blue States
I am color Blind
Means nothing To a music Hobo
"Let me introduce my shadow .. Hobo Mike"

Kerouac greets Thomas Wolfe (Not Tom Wolfe) in Shakespeare's driveway

Edgar Allen Poe has just put the stash on the grill
Kafka Morphs into a Rollin' Stone No burgers tonight
Only Ravens well done
Nevermore will they chow food like this again
All I know is Monte Cliff just turned over the canoe
Shelly's a swimmin' & it aint no
Poseidon adventure

Only a place in the sun

Next song A countrified Jean Harlow
Back to reality in our false world

More consumer grab bags

Elmer Fudd is chasing rabbits down on 42nd street and no one
seems to notice all plugged in

Next song to close rehearsal is an all out jam of T for Texas

Tea is for The English
Coffee for The USA
&
Fashion mags are losing respect for the photo artist
Behind the Who's Magic Bus lurks Johnny Boy from Mean Streets.

He has a pool cue...look out!

Load up the gear and see ya round the pool hall for a Rock N Roll show
that don't exist
As I wonder tonight
where is my sweet baby that I miss?
Rocky Raccoon is set to get an Ass whoopin'
Cause Elmer's Fudd is a comin' Strong as glue and he don't look happy........
Just another ordinary Thought that went through a mind in a flash of a second at Band rehearsal


Goodnight Ladies & Gents
The curtain will rise tomorrow with Vaudevillian romance.

'BAND REHEARSAL BOOGIE& Raccoons Gettin' DOWN!!' copyright M-Ubaldini Library of congress 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers